1 place troops or weapons in battle formation
2 to distribute systematically or strategically; "The U.S. deploys its weapons in the Middle East"
- (transitive) To prepare and arrange (usu. military unit or
units) for use.
- The word deploy has roots as a military term, used to describe
the placement of equipment and troops in a battlefield.
- "Deploy two units of infantry along the enemy's flank," the general ordered.
- The word deploy has roots as a military term, used to describe the placement of equipment and troops in a battlefield.
- (intransitive) To unfold, open, or otherwise become ready for
- He waited tensely for his parachute to deploy.
- (computing) to install, test and implement a computer system or
application. The term can be used to refer to any installation and
testing, such as setting up a new network in an enterprise, to
installing a server farm, to implementing a new application over a
distributed computing network. http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/deploy.html
- The process for the deployment scenario includes: building a master installation of the operating system, creating it's image and deploying the image onto a destination computer.
To unfold, open, or otherwise become ready for use
Deployment may refer to:
deploy in German: Deployment
aberrate, adduce, advance, allege, allocate, arrange, array, assign, branch, branch out, bring forward, bring on, bring to bear, clear for action, clear the decks, collocate, cool off, cure, disperse, dispose, divaricate, diverge, divide, dress, emplace, expand, extend, fan, fan out, fix, fix up, flare, form, get a fix, get ready, go away, go off, grade, harmonize, hierarchize, home in on, install, lay out, line up, localize, locate, make arrangements, make preparations, make ready, marshal, methodize, mobilize, navigate, normalize, offer, open, open up, order, organize, outspread, outstretch, overgrow, overrun, pacify, pin down, pinpoint, place, plan, plead, position, prearrange, prep, prepare, present, pretreat, process, produce, provide, put in place, put in shape, quiet, rally, ramify, rank, ready, ready up, regularize, regulate, routinize, separate, set up, settle preliminaries, situate, splay, spot, spraddle, sprangle, sprawl, spread, spread like wildfire, spread out, standardize, structure, systematize, tan, tranquilize, treat, triangulate, trim, try out, unfold, widen, zero in on